Engagement in Math Learning
- Design cool public art (Calgarians hate the public art here! What if we got them to design something they would love to see on the streets and in their community) http://www.waterfrontbia.com/event/ice-breakers/
- Design your ideal classroom
- Design your ideal bedroom
- Design your ideal vehicle
- Design your ideal Transformer
- Design your ideal home
- (examples of creative housing designs using wood) https://www.archdaily.com/903504/call-for-submissions-wood-design-and-building-awards-2018
- (Emergency Housing in Paraguay – with building requirements/restrictions) https://www.archdaily.com/902551/emergency-housing-in-paraguay
- Design the ideal school
- Can you think of something that you can make better? Structurly? Redesign this place and support why your redesign would be better.
- Workplace of the Future (What would the ideal workplace look like- lens of a 10 yo) https://www.archdaily.com/906310/call-for-entries-2019-workplace-of-the-future
- African School Project (Might be too advanced & better suited for a higher grade level) https://www.archdaily.com/907269/african-school-project-education-for-the-future
By using a peer interview method, we were able to collect as much data as possible on our teaching process and specific issues we face in our classrooms. Collaboratively, the information gathered from the interview was analyzed and used to generate as many potential problems as we can think of.
Looking at all the proposed problems from phase 1, we converged and isolated on the core problem. This core problem is put into the statement of “How might we…”
Using 2 design processes, we mapped out the solution and how it is connected to the curriculum through the Programs of Study.
The final product or an example of the solution is produced in this phase.